Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A New Blog for a New Chapter



This new blog is all about this new chapter in my life: blossoms and blessings. The word blossom has a few definitions. One is "to develop; flourish," and another is "a period or condition of maximum development". I feel that these definitions apply to this period of time in my life. I am working on developing the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22): love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Lord knows that I have my work cut out for me in this endeavor :)

Blessings are all those things that God has given to me. I used to see only what was good, at least in my opinion, as a blessing. However, I have learned that even the difficult times are a blessing from Him because the Bible says that "God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them" (Romans 8:28-29.)

The most awesome blessing is our beautiful daughter, Isabella. After initially undergoing three failed IUI procedures and enduring the loss of three sons in three failed adoptions at the hands of a con artist we knew that God granted our prayer for a child when we conceived on our first IVF attempt last summer. Our daughter is healthy and precious.

This is a new day! Joe and I are "...forgetting what lies behind and pressing forward to what lies ahead" as stated in Philipians 3:13. Thank you for joining me here!

2 comments:

  1. Still so happy for you! Isabella is beautiful and growing fast. I am glad that you are putting the past behind you and moving ahead. I wish only happy things for you and your family....
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, it was such a delight to read your update email today! Praising the Lord on so many counts!!! :) Isabella is adorable and I know she is treasured all the more for the great journey that brough her to your arms. *happytears*. Do you mind if I link to your new blog from http://www.InfertilityMom.blogspot.com ? If so, how much of your backstory would you like me to share, or should I let this blog simply speak for itself? Thank you so much for taking the time to update me on the beauty God has brought from your ashes. Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete